Quick facts about Joseph's Storehouse
- An average of 400-500 families in need is given a wheelbarrow full of food each month.
- Approximately 45% of those we serve are elderly and/or disabled, while another 35% are single parents living below poverty level.
- Food and toiletry items are also provided to other 501(c)(3) public charities in Wilson and surrounding counties in TN.
- Well over one million pounds of food and toiletry items are distributed to the needy each year.
- We are an approved distributor of USDA commodities.
- We work with organizations such as United Way, Second Harvest Food Bank, Operation Blessing, Feed America First and Feed the Children, just to name a few.
- We also consult with local businesses, churches and government officials to ensure we serve the community effectively.
- We are the primary program and registered dba of Love One Another Embassy, Inc., an approved IRS tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity, allowing us to receive tax deductible contributions.
- We are registered with the TN Department of Charitable Solicitations.
- We are independently audited and our 990 tax returns are publicly available at Guidestar.org.
- We keep our administrative costs very low. In 2017, 97.3% of our expenditures were for our core programs, while only 2.7% went to administrative costs.
- We are a faith-based initiative and offer prayer and spiritual counseling for those who wish it.
Bob and Peggy Evans founded Love One Another Embassy, Inc. (LOAE) in 1996 as a faith-based 501(c)(3) ministry. While much of their original focus was on international missions and feeding people physical and spiritual food in countries around the world, it wasn’t until 1999 that the Joseph’s Storehouse Food Ministry (a dba of LOAE and its primary program) came into its own. Brother Bob & Sister Peggy had been feeding the local community for years as pastors of their church, and they came to realize the great need for an ongoing feeding program in Wilson County. So in 1999, Bob & Peggy bought groceries for the first of what was to become regular monthly food distributions.
What began with the Founders and two volunteers distributing 22 small boxes of food one Saturday all those years ago has now grown into over 400 big yellow wheelbarrows full of food each month and over 100 volunteers. Growing pains have resulted in the building expanding several times over the years, including the building of an additional warehouse in Spring 2014.
Due to his deteriorating health, Bob retired in early 2017, before passing away in March of 2018. While Peggy was already Co-Executive Director, Office Manager, and Secretary of the Board, she moved into the Executive Director and President of the Board positions upon his retirement.
Sister Peggy continues to stand amazed at all that God has done with LOAE and the Joseph’s Storehouse Food Ministry. God called and they answered. Countless others have helped them run with the vision. The result is changed lives.
“Inasmuch as you have done unto the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto Me.”
Our Board of Directors
Peggy Evans, President- Peggy is the co-founder, Executive Director and LOAE Office Manager. She has co-pastored with Bro. Bob for over 30 years. She also owned her own cosmetics business for many years.
Benny Nolen, Vice-President - Benny is currently the CEO for a nonprofit hospital in Kentucky. He has worked in the nonprofit hospital field for over 20 years.
Chris Johnson, Secretary - Chris is an accountant and nonprofit consultant. She has worked both in and with churches, ministries and other nonprofit organizations all across the country for over 20 years and specializes in nonprofit accounting and compliance.
Members at Large
Robin Hardin - Robin is an ordained minister who has worked in television production for over 22 years and hosts the television program, Dream Catchers. She also serves on several other nonprofit boards, and travels as a missionary.
Larry Stroud - Larry has his own construction business and has been a building contractor for many years. He also serves as a volunteer in his local church.
Tell a friend about this page using...