FROM THE DIRECTOR’S DESK ~ Many things have been happening within the Joseph’s Storehouse Food Ministry (JSFM) so far this year. Below are some of the highlights of some of our regular work as well as community participation, food donations and distributions.
• Dancing Lights Food Donation to JSFM.
• JSFM Enhanced Facebook interaction.
• JSFM presentation to Lebanon Housing Authority.
• JSFM presentation to Lebanon Breakfast Rotary Club.
• Mother Daughter Fashion Show fundraiser for JSFM.
• JSFM program at Mt. Juliet Christian Academy Elementary Chapel.
• Food For Thought Grant developed new JSFM promotional video.
• JSFM at Second Harvest Food Bank Focus Group.
• Cumberland Univ. Food Services donation to JSFM.
• JSFM donated drinks and food bars to Lebanon High School Football Team.
• JSFM donated peanut butter & cereal to MTSU Food Bank for students.
• Escapees RV Club 300 units at the fairgrounds• food drive donation to JSFM.
• JSFM Recognition by Kroger’s corporate initiative of “Zero Hunger Zero Waste” at their Lebanon grand re-opening.
JSFM MONTHLY FOOD DISTRIBUTION ~ We have seen as significant increase in the number of families and individuals coming for food this year. From January to July, the increase has been 63.3% (853 to 1393) in the total number of individuals served per month. We had 62 new applicants in July who registered for food which is a record. Currently, we continue to provide approximately 150 lbs. of food, drinks and personal items per household. It is our continued mission to search out the necessary food supplies needed for adequate food inventory for distribution.
We are honored to serve those who need food for their families. With the help of those who pray, volunteer, and give financially to the ministry, we will be able to continue that privilege during these challenging days that we all face. ~ God’s blessings, protection, and favor to all.
“Inasmuch as you have done unto the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto Me.” ~ Matthew 25:40